SIMS offers Massive Open Online Courses(MOOCs) that are free Online Courses available for anyone to enrol. The Courses have been designed by the experienced faculty team or SIMS to help you learn a new skill, advance career and deliver quality educational experiences at scale.
SIMS offers MOOCs in the varied specialisation of management- Finance, Marketing, Data, People Management, Operations, and Strategy. The philosophy of this programme is to provide easy access to quality Management Education to everyone. The vision of the programme is based on the programme is the SIMS Moto "Make a Difference", using a digital learning platform to enable widespread access to management education.
|1.||Retail Branding Strategy Part 1||Dr. Komal Chopra|
|2.||Retail Branding Strategy Part 2||Dr. Komal Chopra|
|3.||Post Purchase Dissonance Part 1||Dr. Sanjay Pawar|
|4.||Post Purchase Dissonance Part 2||Dr. Sanjay Pawar|
|5.||Pricing in B2B Marketing Part 1||Dr. Vanishree Pabalkar|
|6.||Pricing in B2B Marketing Part 2||Dr. Vanishree Pabalkar|
|7.||Pricing in B2B Marketing Part 3||Dr. Vanishree Pabalkar|
|8.||Multi Channel and Omni-Channel Retailing||Ms. Smita Mehendale|
|9.||The types of Self-Concept||Dr. Tajamul Islam|
A few seats are available for international/NRI category students as per Symbiosis International (Deemed University) regulations.
The admissions of International studentsare centrailzed for all the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International University and routed through Symbiosis center for International Education (SCIE)
All International students aspiring for admission are required to contact below
Symbiosis Center for International Education
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune-411004
Tel: +91-20 25671905(Ext. 312/150)
Fax: +91-20 25659209
As per MoU with Ministry of Defence clause no. 13 sub clause (d) The term Defence Personnel would mean only those serving / retired Defence Personnel from the Army, Navy and Air Force who fall in the category of ex-serviceman as laid down vide Ministry of Defence Letter no. 36034/5/85 -Estt (SCT) dated 14th April, 1987. Defence category- Special: 10% seats for dependents of Defence personnel killed in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation), disabled in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation), with more than 50% disability, next of kin of service personnel who have died while in service, death being attributable to military service.(as per merit)
Dependents in Defence Special Category:
Open Category: 10% seats are in open category to civilian candidates.(as per merit).
|1.||Marginal Costing||Dr. Archana Singh|
|2.||Time Value of Money||Dr. Vaishali Jain|
|3.||Standard Costing||Mr. Rahul Dhaigude|
|4.||Fundamentals of Investment Banking||Dr. Rashmy Moray|
|5.||Basics of Financial Accounting||Mr. Vivek Divekar|
|1.||Theory of Motivation Part 1||Dr. Jaya Chitranshi|
|2.||Theory of Motivation Part 2||Dr. Jaya Chitranshi|
|3.||Theory of Motivation Part 3||Dr. Jaya Chitranshi|
|4.||ADDIE Model (Part 1)||Dr. Suruchi Pandey|
|5.||Emotional Intelligence (Part 1)||Dr. Naval Lawande|
|6.||Organisational Development Interventions||Dr. Swati Vispute|
|1.||Multiple Regression Part 1||Dr. Hirak Dasgupta|
|2.||Multiple Regression Part 2||Dr. Hirak Dasgupta|
Note: All the following FAQs were applicable for the admission process for the year 2018. They might change for the next year’s admission process! Please contact the Admissions department for any queries.
1. Is SNAP mandatory for getting admission in SIMS?
Yes, It is mandatory.
2. How is SNAP different from CAT or any other management aptitude test?
If we compare SNAP with CAT:
SNAP has got an additional general awareness section which could make or break your chances of cracking the test.
Quantitative aptitude questions are pretty easy in comparison to CAT. You may find direct application based questions in this section.
Analytical and logical reasoning section has a higher weightage in comparison with other sections. Each question carries two marks. Thus importance is to be given to this section.
3. How much weightage is given to SNAP score in final admission?
50% for 2016-18 batch. Details will put on www.snaptest.org
4. Do I need to register & pay to individual institute even after registering & paying for SNAP?
Yes. If applying to SIMS , You have to fill up application form for SIMS.
5. I am in the last semester of my Graduation, can I apply?
Yes, You can apply to SNAP and SIMS.
6. Who can apply for SIMS?
Defence personnel, their dependents and Industry open candidates.
7. Is there a common process for all institutes or do we need to appear separately for every institute? What is GEPIWAT?
8. What happens if I do not have all the required documents on the day of my GE-PIWAT process?
You can still attend the process with all the available documents. You need to get these pending documents verified within 10 days from your date of verification.
9. Does filing of a discrepancy report effects my GE-PIWAT evaluation process?
No, both the GE-PIWAT evaluation panel and verification panel work independently, so it will not impact your GE-PIWAT evaluation. It is filled for either alterations in stated facts on the application form or for the pending documents. If you are able to produce the pending documents within the stipulated time, it will not have any impact, if not than your candidature might not be considered for the subsequent process.
10. Who can apply for SIMS?
Defence personnel, their dependents and Industry open candidates.
11. Who can apply for SIMS?
Defence personnel, their dependents and Industry open candidates.
12. How long does the GE-PIWAT process takes to get over?
The duration of GE-PIWAT process for a candidate can vary from 4 hours to 7 hours.
13. I am not satisfied with a particular aspect in which my GE-PIWAT process was conducted?
You can write a mail regarding your dissatisfaction to The Director, SIMS stating the part of the process that you were not satisfied with and the reason for your dissatisfaction along with your GE-PIWAT details.
14. I was asked to submit Appendix A/B in original at the time of verification, what should I do if I require it in future?
Please write to us your queries relating to admission: email@example.com or call 020-25593250
1. What is the ranking of SIMS?
Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune has been ranked as 8th amongst the Top Leading B-Schools of Super Excellence in GHRDC-CSR B-School Survey 2018. Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune has been ranked as 4th in the State of Maharashtra amongst private institutes in GHRDC-CSR B-School Survey 2018
2.Does SIMS encourage Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship culture is of key importance to SIMS. To keep this culture alive SIMS opened an Incubation center in 2010 which acts as a platform for students with entrepreneurial zeal to realize their dreams. At SIMS we believe journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and Incubation Center acts as the first stepping stone.It has initiated ‘ IDENTIFY ORAL CARE’.
3. When do you provide official leave?
Official leaves are only provided when you participate in inter-institute events, competitions, events of reputation.
4. What is the attendance criteria?
You have to maintain 90% in all semesters to appear for placement process and 75% for appearing in the exams as per SIU rules.
5. Which specializations do you offer?
We offer HR, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and International Business & Information System as major. HR, Marketing, Finance, International Business, Information System, Operations, Retail Management & Entrepreneurship as minor.
6. When do students get to know their major specializations?
The students can select their specializations by the end of the first semester. But marks obtained also play a part in the specialization selection process.
7. When is the specialization allotted to students and do they have any fixed number of seats?
There are common subjects in 1st semester. In the end of the 1st semester you are supposed to choose your specializations. There is a limit in the number of seats for the students. However, a minimum of 20 students are required to start a specialization.
8. What is the ratio of work ex and freshers?
There has been a good mix of freshers and work ex-students.
9. Which specialization is better and why?
It entirely depends on your field of interest, personality and experience in the relevant field.
10. Are exchange programs available at SIMS?
Yes, we provide exchange programs; there are summer schools and collaborations with many foreign universities.
11. Is the first semester common for all specializations?
Yes, it is common for all specializations.
12. The pre-orientation exam will be online or offline?
It will be online.
13. How is the curriculum decided?
The curriculum is decided by SIMS in consultation with SIU.
14. What happens during orientation?
One of the features that sets SIMS apart is its orientation period. The orientation acts like a Launch Pad for their foray into the corporate world. It is tough, hectic and prepares them for a rigorous life in the corporate world. The orientation also builds batch unity and friendship that last for a lifetime, making it an unforgettable experience.
15. I have done my bachelors as a correspondence course degree. Can I apply for SIMS?
Yes, you can apply to SIMS if you meet the eligibility criteria. SIU has a list of universities whose correspondence course degree is accepted for MBA admissions. Kindly mail your marksheet or degree certificate to The Admission Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
16. What about teaching pedagogy?
SIMS uses flip-classroom, group activity, role plays, individual assignments, class PPT, research articles, Case studies as major methodology of teaching. The regular conduct of guest talks, seminars, market simulation, Quizzes, market surveys, latest happenings discussion along with academics syllabus coverage are integral part of academics.
What is the seat reservation structure at SIMS for MBA?
Ans: Seat Structure:
1. When will the shortlist for GEPIWAT come?
Generally, 2nd week of January, However, it changes with every academic year, it is updated on the website. https://admission.aglasem.com/sims-pune/
2. There are a few seats for the open category. What is my probability of getting selected?
Depends on your performance in the process – SNAP Test and the GE-PIWAT process.
3. Is there any accommodation facility for the candidates coming from far places?
As of now there is no provision related to the accommodation of the candidate during the GE-PIWAT process. However, there are many hotels nearby the institute –
E-Square Hotel, Treebo Sahara, The Ambience Hotel, The Pride Hotel are some of the hotels. The list is available on the following link - https://www.google.co.in/search?q=hotels+near+SIMS+pune
4. How to prepare for Personal Interview?
5. What is the last date of slot booking?
19th January, 2019 11:59 pm Saturday. No changes can be done after that.
6. What all documents are we supposed to carry?
The list of documents required for the GE-PIWAT will be mentioned in the mail that will be sent to the candidates shortlisted for GE-PIWAT. https://www.sims.edu/admission_mba
7. What is the location of the GEPIWAT process?
Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Range Hills Road, Khadki, Pune – 411020 Click Here
8. In case of SLOT clashes, what is to be done?
SIMS has given enough time to select the slot. It is on first come first serve basis. We request you to select it after due consideration. Even after that if any clash occurs, please drop a mail to email@example.com
9. Is the Resume handwritten or printed?
It entirely depends on you. Both are acceptable. But it is preferable for the candidate to get the resume to be printed as it makes the candidate look more corporate oriented.
10. What are we supposed to carry during the process?
Get your Stationary – blue pen, pencil, writing pad, the necessary documents, resume etc. mentioned on the site.
11. What is the dress code for GEPIWAT?
Comfortable Formals for both boys and girls. (Western and Indian for girls) It is advised that the candidate should wear comfortable formals/foot wares as the process will go on for about 4-5 hours.
12. What to do if we lose our GE-PIWAT admit card?
Get another copy printed of the GE-PIWAT admit card.
13. What are the slot timings of the GE-PIWAT process?
The morning slot is at 7:30 am and the afternoon slot is at 12:30 pm.
14. For Work ex candidates, in case they have lost their offer letter from the company, what can they show as a proof?
In that case, get your salary slip and the experience letter.
15. How much weightage is given to SNAP score in final admission?
It was 50% for 2017-19 batch. More details will be put up on www.snaptest.org
16. Is there a common process for all institutes or do we need to appear separately for every institute? What is GEPIWAT?
a. Every candidate has to attend separate process for all the institutes.
b. GEPIWAT stands for Group Evaluation, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. It is the shortlisting process carried by each Institute for admission.
17. What happens if I do not have all the required documents on the day of my GE-PIWAT process?
It is mandatory to get all the original documents.
18. Does filing of a discrepancy report effect my GE-PIWAT evaluation process?
No, both the GE-PIWAT evaluation panel and verification panel work independently, so it will not impact your GE-PIWAT evaluation. It is filled for either alterations in stated facts on the application form or for the pending documents. If you are able to produce the pending documents within the stipulated time, it will not have any impact, if not than your candidature might not be considered for the subsequent process. But if you fail to submit the documents on time, your candidature will be cancelled.
19. I applied under a specific category, but now I have realized that I am eligible only for the other category but not in my applied category, what should I do?
In this case, you will be allowed to go through the entire GE-PIWAT process. Based on the documents provided by you, your category will be updated and your candidature will be considered in that specific category (if you satisfy the eligibility requirements applicable for that category) for any subsequent process.
20. How long does the GE-PIWAT process takes to get over?
The duration of the entire GE-PIWAT process for a candidate can vary from 4 hours to 7 hours. This will include the Academic Verification, Group Exercise, Writing Ability Test and Personal Interaction.
21. I am not satisfied with a particular aspect in which my GE-PIWAT process was conducted. What should I do?
You can write a mail regarding your dissatisfaction to The Director, SIMS – firstname.lastname@example.org and keeping the faculty Dr. Suruchi Pandey in CC - email@example.com stating the part of the process that you were not satisfied with and the reason for your dissatisfaction along with your GE-PIWAT details.
22. Does everyone have to go through the GE-PIWAT process?
Yes, everyone has to go through the GE-PIWAT process.
23. I have filled the registration form but did not book the slot for the GE-PIWAT process, what should I do?
You will be randomly allocated a slot and will not be able to change the slot allocated.
24. I have secured less marks in 10th and 12th, what are my chances of selection in SIMS?
You are eligible to apply for admission in SIMS if you have the minimum required marks in 10th, 12th and graduation, 50%.
For the admission, your SNAP score has 50% weightage and rest 50% weightage is given to the GEPIWAT process. So, to get selected, just prepare well for SNAP and GEPIWAT.
If I choose morning slot in GE-PIWAT, will the institute provide the accommodation, if I come on the previous night?
No, SIMS don't provide any accommodation
Do I have to bring the hardcopy of my documents or the soft copy of the same will do?
Yes you will have to bring the hardcopy as during the document verification round it is mandatory to have your originals.
If I am not able to attend the GE-PIWAT in the slot which I have selected will I be able to get another slot?
It depends on the reason and if the slot is available then we will try to accommodate you in that.
How is the flexibility of the process with respect to late arrivals?
The stage of completion is checked and the respective candidate is then facilitated in the process.
3rd Feb. 2019 is CDS Exam. There are chances of date clash with GEPIWAT. How to solve such issues?
Accommodate them in other slots, keeping in consideration the availability of empty slots.
Is there any accommodation facility provided to candidate during GEPIWAT process?
No, you have manage your accommodation and travel, at the time of GEPIWAT.
How should we prepare for the GE-PIWAT ? What all should we cover and from which books ?
Keep yourself updated with the recent business happenings and be thorough with the concepts of your specialization, that’s all.
What does the admissions committee look for in a candidate?
Committee looks into your academic knowledge, work experience knowledge, soft skills, GK, current affairs, etc
What should be the SOP in case of unforeseen events like flight delays as it is pretty common at IGI airport during winters?
Intimate it to the SIMS folks as soon as you get to know, better drop a mail stating that you might get delayed and the expected time of arrival. Those folks will try to accommodate as per the a may be.
Will feedback on my interview be provided on request?
No feedback would be provided.
How will I be intimated if I am shortlisted for GEPIWAT?
You will receive an e-mail and SMS if you are shortlisted. You can also log in to snap portal and check.
Please write to us your queries relating to admission at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-25593250
1. What is the average package provided at SIMS?
Please have a look at our institute website. All the stats regarding placements and about the companies are present there. https://www.sims.edu/placements
2. Companies from which all sectors come for placement?
Mostly from IT, Consulting, BFSI, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Real Estate.
3. Do companies prefer work ex over freshers?
It depends on the profile which the companies are offering while recruiting.
4. What is the ROI?
SIMS has the best ROI on fees to CTC ratio.
5. What is the highest package?
The highest package was 20 Lakhs for the previous batch.
6. How are the summer internships?
The summer internships are for 8-10 weeks and the students are selected by the companies as per their requirements.
7. Do 10th, 12th and graduation marks matter in placements?
Yes, they do matter as companies may use that as a criterion for shortlisting. It depends on the company policy.
1. What is the last date of withdrawal of admission and how much money is refunded?
30 days after receiving of the offer letter.
2. What is the last date of taking admission?
After paying the fees, 14th March 2019 Wednesday 5:00 pm
What about education loan facilities?
SIMS directly don't provide any loan assistance but education loan provider visit the SIMS frequently and provide the low interest rate to SIMS full time students. Ex: HDFC Credila, Canara Bank, Axis Bank and Avanse etc.
1. What was the cut off (%) of SIMS last year for defence and open category candidates?
The cut off this year is not to be disclosed. Last year, it was 50 percentile.
2. Do you charge capitation fees for admissions?
No, admission to SIMS is purely on the basis of merit.
3. What is the duration of the entire process - from SNAP till Admissions?
SNAP is held in December, the results of which are disclosed in February and the admission process of the selected candidates goes on till March.
4. Where do we check our results?
5. What do we do if we have a backlog in the graduation?
In that case you are supposed to contact our administration department. But all documents must be cleared before 31st July 2019.
6. What’s the intake?
Intake: 300 Students
• 240 - Defence Open
• 30 - Defence Special
• 30 – Civilian Candidates
7. I'm interested in applying to SIMS, how can I request a prospectus and/or an application?
For applying to SIMS, you first need to register online with SNAP on www.snaptest.org get a SNAP ID, there itself you can apply for SIMS. Prospectus is available on https://www.sims.edu/fulltime_mba
8. Does SIMS consider other test scores like GMAT, CAT, CET, etc.?
No, SIMS considers SNAP Test scores only.
9. Do I need to register & pay to individual institute even after registering & paying for SNAP?
Yes. If applying to SIMS, you have to fill up application form for SIMS.
10. I am in the last semester of my graduation, can I apply?
Yes, you can apply to SNAP and SIMS.
11. Who can apply for SIMS?
Defence Personnel, their Dependents and Civilian Candidates.
12. My age is 27 years. Can I still apply to SIMS under the defence quota?
Yes, you can still apply to SIMS under the defence quota.
13. I'm an NRI and have completed my graduation in India. Can I apply for International Students category? If yes, what is the procedure for the same?
Yes, you can apply to SIBM Pune under International Students category and since you have done your graduation in India, you will have to appear for SNAP Test to be eligible. For information about international students, please refer to the following link: http://www.sibm.edu/welcome/mba_internationalstudents
14. I have done my bachelors in open/correspondence. Do I meet eligibility criteria for MBA 2 years full time programme at SIMS?
Yes, you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of passing with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade in graduation. However, final eligibility will be confirmed only after verification of eligibility form and documents
15. I am married daughter of Defence Personnel. Can I get admission in SIMS?
Yes you can get admission but you will have to provide annexure- A
1. Is it compulsory to stay in hostel? What about the localites?
Yes, SIMS provides a residential MBA program, even the localites. So, staying in hostel is compulsory for all.
2. Is there WiFi facility available at SIMS?
Yes, in the classrooms as well as the hostels.
3. Are you allowed to get your vehicles?
Yes, you are allowed to get your 2 wheelers (Please carry the documents along).
4. Is there mess facility available or not?
Yes, a full-time mess functions in the institute. An institute canteen is also there which functions for the whole day.
5. Do you provide food in the rooms?
No, you are not allowed to carry the mess food inside your hostel.
6. What is the in-time for both boys and girls?
Weekdays - 10.30pm
Only allowed to take night outs in the weekend, provided you have a local guardian present in the city.
7. What is the procedure for taking a night out?
Fill up the night out form and get it signed by the campus administrator. Also, an email needs to be sent from the parents to the campus administrator and submit the signed documents to the hostel warden.
8. What is the procedure for taking a leave?
You are supposed to apply for leave on the leave portal, which is first looked at by the Admin Department, then the Class Incharge, the Placement Cell and finally the Director, who approves the leave, only then is the leave approved. For leave also, a mail with a scanned copy of signed written permission letter is required from the parents.
9. Do you provide hot water facility at the hostel?
Yes, we do provide.
Timings would change, but hot water is provided both in the morning and night.
10. How many people are allowed to share a room?
We provide 2, 3 and 4 sharing rooms.
11. Are there any room facilities available for the parents of students to stay?
Yes, we have a guest house wherein you have to book the rooms beforehand for parents.
12. How can the students contact the Alumni of the institute?
The Alumni can be contacted through the Alumni Cell.
13. Is cafeteria facility available 24hrs?
No, the canteen inside the campus close by 10:30 PM.
14. Can a localite of Pune stay at their home and attend the college or they also have to be in the hostels provided by SIMS?
No, the student have to stay in campus.
1. How many merit lists are issued by the Institute and what are the dates for same?
There is no number but this depends upon the availability of seats after first merit list admissions are done.
|1.||Last date for Payment of 1st Installment||14th March, 2019 till 5 pm|
|2.||Candidate Reporting at Institute and Hostel Allotment||3rd June, 2019|
|3.||Course Commences||4th June, 2019|
Please write to us your queries relating to admission: email@example.com or call 020-25593250
Admission to all the courses and programmes at Symbiosis International University (SIU) are strictly on merit basis based on the criteria and processes prescribed by the University and assessment of individual performance in Symbiosis National Aptitude Test [SNAP] for Postgraduate Studies and Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET] for Undergraduate Studies.
All aspirants / parents are hereby notified that some individuals / organisations are giving / making false and misleading advertisements / claims in newspapers, websites, social media platforms that they can ensure admission to Symbiosis International University and also charging heavy amount for the same.
In this regard, SIU requests the aspirants / parents to refrain from entering into any transaction with such elements. SIU has not appointed any individual / agency / organisation to make such assurance on its behalf. It is a matter of Policy that SIU does not charge capitation fee for admission from students and this is widely and prominently published as well on all the relevant places like prospectus, website, SNAP Booklet, SET Booklet etc. Despite this Notice, if any aspirant / parents still proceeds with or enters into transaction with such elements, they would be doing so at their own risk and cost. SIU further notifies that any aspirant attempting to approach SIU for admission through or at the instances of such agents will be permanently debarred from admission to all the courses and programmes at Symbiosis International University.
SIMS conducts approximately two and half months (March-May) pre-induction and orientation programme. A study material consisting of tutorials on Economics, Statistics, Accounting and Case Study methodology is sent to a student on taking admission. Online exams (minimum two) in each subject are held to assess the level of assimilation. Prizes are given to the three students scoring the highest marks.
These online modules will help students to gain knowledge into the various subjects of management, before the actual classes can start.
Candidate should be a graduate from any recognised University / Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade at graduation level. Defence category candidates should be son/ daughter/ spouse of Defence personnel. Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
Important: It is the responsibility of the Candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by Symbiosis International (Deemed University). Reservation: (As per MoU with Ministry of Defence/ As per the University norms)
|CATEGORY||PERCENTAGE RESERVATION OF SEATS|
|Defence Category- General||80% seats for dependents (Children/Ward) of Defence personnel (as per merit).|
|Open Category||10% seats are in open category to civilian candidates sponsored / recommended by the Industry (as per merit).|
|Defence category- Special||10% seats for dependents of Defence personnel killed in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation), disabled in action (war, Counter Insurgency or war like operation), with more than 50% disability, next of kin of service personnel who have died while in service, death being attributable to military service.(as per merit)|