Date: 27th & 28th January 2018
NAME OF THE GUEST / SPEAKER: Major General Tajuddin Mhaisale (Retd)
Providing a platform to make a difference is one of the hallmarks of SIMS’ 25 years of excellence and we at SIMSMUN are committed to it. After organizing two Model United Nations and giving the students the opportunity to expose themselves to various facets of national & international relations along with policy making, we organized the third iteration in January of 2018. Participants are representatives of the assigned countries wherein they discuss internationally pertinent issues and arrive at a consensus. This year we simulated the following committees:.
1) UNSC- United Nations Security Council
• The necessity of military aid with special emphasis on the proliferation of weapons in East Asia.
• Demilitarization of Afghanistan
2) DISEC- Disarmament and International Security Committee
• Rendition and Extradition of Global Terrorists.
• Measures to regulate military intervention in transnational Conflicts
3) UNHRC- United Nations Human Rights Council
• Asylum for LGBT Individuals Fleeing Persecution
4) SPECPOL- Special Political and Decolonization Committee
• Effects of Foreign Military Bases in the Sovereign States
5) Lok Sabha
• Discussion on the Term "Nationalism" and its Implementation in Democratic Institution.
It was a proud moment for SIMS when our students won Special Mention as follows:
1.Alice Longman - UNSC
2.Akhilesh Singh Rathore & Akshay Gaurav- Lok Sabha
3.Rahul Badhwar - SPECPOL
4.Vijaylakshmi Yadav - UNHRC
UNSC- Demilitarization of Afghanistan SIMS MUN TEAM –Together we made it happen!
This over, the Director General, Mr.Naveen Mechu gave the Vote of Thanks and the Conference was declared closed by our Secretary General, Ms Pavni Mishra.