- Pradyut Hande was awarded as "Intern of the Month" by Frito Lay's, India Future Star Award which consisted a trophy and Rs. 5,000 cash award.
- Atish Bakhru has Won the “Superlative Internship Competition 2014” organized at Institute of Management Education and Research, Belgaum. His CPS topic was “Measuring the Effectiveness of BTL Activities for Navratna Extra Thanda Oil”
- Karanshingh Rajput secured 3rd position in the competition- Power of Shunya.
- Sheeba Pathak and Kritika Kulsrestha wrote an article on Automation Innovation in the Agriculture Industry which was awarded the Second place in an article writing competition organised by IIM-Shillong.
- Mr Piyush Sharma, Alumnus of SIMS, MBA Batch 2008 - 10 has made it in the final merit of Civil Services. SIMS is proud of his achievement.
- Shivani Sindhwani's Supper project titled, "A Gamified Learning Portal" was chosen to be one of the 'best projects' of WiSE (Wipro Summer Internship Experience) 2014.
- Ankit Rai, Arjun Handa and Kaustubh Pratap Singh were declared online exam topper for the E-Primer .
- Karan Singh Rajput (Batch 2013-15) has been selected to appear on the show, 'Power of Shunya – Challenge for ZERO' on ET. He made it amongst the top selected participants across the country and have been selected to appear on the show.
- Rajesh Kamat, SIMS Alumnus, has taken over as CEO of CA Media.It is a matter of pride for SIMS.
- Mr. Ramesh wrote an article on ' Information Technology Management' which is published in the current issue of 'Samvad'- the student magazine of WeSchool, Mumbai.
- Ramesh Pradhan wrote an article titled "Opportunities in Education Sector in India" which has been published in the February 2014 issue of Samvad, the monthly magazine of Welingkar School of Management, Mumbai.
- Mr. Sreejith Moolayil, batch of 2003, wrote an article on " Is your wellness programme being designed for Millennials?" which was published by People Matters and the link is The Link
- Preeti Kerni and Lalita Devi won the MCCIA Management Students Competition of Live Projects MCCIA. The topic of their project was ‘Performance parameters in manufacturing sector’
- Ramesh Pradhan wrote an article " Emerging Trends in Information Management : Business Intelligence" which has been selected for publication in the upcoming edition of Reflexionar , the IT magazine of BITS-Pilani.
- Vivek Shrotrya and Vikas Kumar wrote an article titled as "Supply chain visibility - A case on Reliance Fresh" which was declared as the winner in the article writing competition for Pravaha (An event of Operations Club, IIM Shillong).
- Shanshank Teotia was conferred PhD by Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University
- Ishaan Sharma and Nishant Sirari won the SIMS HR event " Kaleidoscope".
- Tarun Shukla wrote an article on hospitality management which was published in Chanakya Magazine of Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune.
- Ramesh Pradhan secured 2nd position in the Campus Quiz conducted by the D-Link Academy and was awarded with a Merit Certificate and a D-Link WiFi router. He made it to the National Finals.
- Prerna Jha, Amit Kumar Patro and Dhruv Bhatia won first position at the B-plan competition at Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. They have also been awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 20,000.
- K.R Shyam, Sarvesh Mishra and Atish Bakhru secured a top 3 position in Business Plan Competition organized at Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar and received a cash prize of Rs 30,000.
- Rhea Joglekar got a patent for her theory titled, " Picture analysis - tool for predicting talent growth and retention in an organisation."
- Mayank Gupta and Akshaya Lalchandani won "Esudio de Caso" at Agnito 2.0, the annual national level business case study competition organized by Modern Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Atish Bakhru and Shivani Sharan won Sydenham Management Review (SMR) annual inter-collegiatenational-level research paper writing competition ACUMEN 2014.
- Trusha Sharma wrote a paper " HR Analytics – Is it just another Fad?" which was adjudged the best entry in the article writing competition, Write-O-Rama, conducted by Persona – The HR & OB Club of IIM Trichy.
- Pradyut wrote an article on "Consumer Reviews becoming a tool for stealth marketing " and this was adjudged the best entry under the "Eye2Eye" section of IIM, Shillong's marketing magazine - Markathon.
- Vijay Manoharan, was conferred the title of Mr. Sinhgad 2014, by Sinhgad College of Engg
- Sriju Nair and Mini K V secured 1st position in SAMARPAN (Sankalp) event – a B-school case study competition organised by IIM RANCHI
- Vinay and Bhanu won " Curiosity ’14", the annual national level business case study competition organized by Indira Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Pradyut won "The Alpha Manager, 2014" event organised by KJ SIMSR, Mumbai
- Amit Patro, Dhruv Bhatia and Prerna Jha secured 3rd position in the Corporate Strategy Competition at SCIT held on February 2nd 2014
- Sachin Singh, Ashish Kumar, Ashwani Singh, won the Entreprnet 2014 Grand Finale organised by KE global and Dimensions.
- Preeti Kerni won the Second Position at the HR Case Study Event - Samiksha 2014, held at Goa Institute of Management.
- Sarath Kolli & Tarun Shukla won National Operations Event -Transcendence , Naissance 2014( Annual Fest of SDMIMD Mysore).
- Atish Bakru, Sarvesh Kumar and K R Shyam won E-Pitch-2014, International Business Plan Competition Finals organized by National Institute of Technology, Surathkal and were awarded with cash prize of Rs. 50,000
- Aks Team secured 3rd position in the annual Street Play competition Graffiti of SCIT.
- Arshia Singh, Ishaan Sharma, Nishant Sirari and Bipul Singh won the 2nd prize at "Corporate Strategy", B school competition hosted by SCIT
- Sunil Shekhawat and Anirudhya Samanta won the "MERCURIZE" competition of Orion 2014 organised by SIMS
- SIMS Students Sarath and Tarun come Runners Up in the All India MATQUIZ 13 finals of IIMM.
- Amit Patro, Dhruv Bhatia, Prerna Jha won the B-Plan competition-Venture Labs @ Graffiti hosted by SCIT, Pune
- Mihir Haryal and Varun Sharma secured second position in Olympus competition at PUMBA
- "Rashi Anand got the “Future HR Leader – Are You In The List Award 2013”, hosted by People Matters and DDI. The award was given at Gurgaon (Delhi) on 30th Jan."
- Jaitee Wazalwar , Varun Sharma and Mihir Haryaal were declared Runners-up at the "Fortune 500" business simulation and entrepreneurship game held at Department of Management Studies, University of Pune.
- Ripul Thakur won the "Arjuna- The Best Manager competition", Flagship Event at Orion 2014 organized by SIMS, Pune
- Tarun Shukla wrote an article on "Effective reverse supply chain - A Competitive edge" which secured third place in the journal Samvid - inhouse journal of SPJIMR, Mumbai
- Rhea Joglekar's article was published as one of the articles in Concoction Section of IIM Shillong magazine "TogetHR" and she won a cash award of Rs 1000/.
- Kansal Sugandh's article has been selected for publication by TISS in their annual magazine Kaustubham.
- Apporva Satija, Rhea Joglekar, Anuja Deshmukh won HR case study competition organized by TISS in association with Accenture.
- Vasudha Solanki and Mandeep Singh secured second position in Smooth-Operator, of Orion-2014 competition of SIMS
- Ishaan Sharma and Nishant Sirari were declared the Runners-Up in "Mind Your Own Business" Case study competition at PUMBA
- Fashion team of SIMS participated in the Fashion Show - Rampage, organized by SIBM-Pune in 'Transcend' on 24th January and emerged First.
- Article by Rhea Joglekar received the 2nd position in a national level HR article writing competition held by IIM Calcutta.
- Shusobhickae Singh secured 2nd position in NMIMS Bangalore competition Nityaksh'14- Lekhan.
- Arshia Singh and Ishaan Sharma participated in SYNERGY i.e SIIB Model United Nations Conference which was a part of the Ignisense '14 and received the first prize for the Best Position Paper in the conference as the delegate of Egypt.
- SIMS Student Tarun Shuklas article on "Solid waste management" has published in IMT Hyderabad Empressario December 2013 Competition(Environment and Entrepreneurship).
- Nishant Sirari and Ishaan Sharma stood 1st in the Survival of the Wittiest held on 5th January 2014, at SIIB, Pune.
- Madhur Uppal and Eisha Arora has won the first prize for "BEST DELEGATION" at SIIBs competition Synergy - MUN.
- Mahak Verma had participated in SYNERGY i.e SIIB Model United Nations Conference which was a part of the Ignisense '14 and won the first prize for the Best Speaker award in the conference as the delegate of U.S.A.
- Mahesh Pillai (2013-15 batch) aced the quiz organised by CII and got the A+ grading in the WEST
- Varun Sharma, Jaitee Wazalwar and Romel Majumdar secured "Second" position in IIM Ahmedabad 'Confluence 2013' flagship event 'Corporate Combat'.
- Sudeep Singh Jhala and Abhinav Sinha won the marketing case study competition MARKENOVA of NIRMA UNIVERSITY.
- Seema Tiwari, Priti Chauhan, Reeta Saini won the case study competition held by "EMPOWER-SCHMRD".
- Ramesh Pradhan made it to the top ten finalist of the Education Quiz of D Link.
- Saamarth Bali (2013-2015 batch) has been awarded JPMC scholarship
- Madhur Uppal and Harinder Singh secured the 3rd position in SimBLs Session held at FLAME School of Business on 14-15 December ,2013 ,conducted by Tata Interactive Systems.
- Award of Chancellor's Gold Medal for the Best Outgoing Student in Post Graduate Programme to Ms. Arantxa Lael Sanchis!!
- Students Sheeba Pathak ,Anurag Tiwari, Harshita Shah, Jayant K Nath,Samiksha Singh all of Batch 2013- 15 reach to the finals of Abhyutthan, Avenues-The Annual Business Festival of Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT-B.
- The idea by Sunil Shekhawat has been selected in "Innowin magazine" as one of the five best and most innovative ideas that will help India, as a country, in years to come.
- The article by Pradyut Hande regarding Microsoft's purchase of Nokia's mobile handset division and its impact on both companies being adjudged as the Winner of the "Call for Articles" contest for the October, 2013 edition of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research's (KJ SIMSR) Marketing magazine - The Marksman.
- SIMS Student Nidhi Sriram has win the Consolation Prize in MarkArc, The Article Writing Competition of FMS, Delhi.
- SIMS Students win MIND SPREEE'13 competition organized by Sinhgad School of Business Studies .
Students Name are 1. Mr. Jaya Gupta2. Farooq Shaik 3. Mayank Gupta
- SIMS Girls Team have Won SIU Basketball Championship
The girls team constituted of:
- Tarini Bakshi
- Preeti Kerni
- Ira Purohit
- Jasleen Sandhu
- Jyoti Gaikwad
- Sushma Devi
- Akanksha Puri
- Amanpreet Khurana
- Seema Tiwari
- Chantelle Mendonca
- Sneh Dixit
- Rakesh Devi
- Students Prerna Jha and Mahak Verma has won the Best Delegation award at the MUN competition at SIIB.
- We came across the following article "RCom gets new CEO for enterprise business" which states the new CEO of Reliance Communications (RCom) is Deepak Khanna, an alumnus of SIMS. The Article Lin
- Simranjeet Kaur and D P Raj on being selected for a Live Project by IREF
- SIMS Students Sarath and Tarun come Runners Up in the All India MATQUIZ 13 finals of IIMM.
- SIMS girls team stood runners up in the SIU 4th inter-institute badminton tournament and boys team secured third position.
- An article titled, "It's all about improvements in Operations'" by Mr. Tarun Shukla, has been adjudged 2nd in the 'Top Five Special mention Articles' for Article writing competition -Operations Club Op-Era of IIM Shillong
- SIMS Alumnus of MBA 2010 batch, Mr. Harish Vishwanathan working in Tata Motors has made, it to the Tata Admin Services (TAS) In House process through a very rigorous process. This was achieved by Mr. Harish in a very short span of 3 years of career which is a reflection of his talent, potential and calibre. SIMS wishes him all the very best.
Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 13:51
The 360 Degree Club of SIMS organized a guest talk by Mr. Nitin Gokhale, a veteran journalist who has a rich experience of 31 years in web and broadcast media. He gave us an insight on “Changing s...
Dr Mita Mehta and Prof Arti Chandani, wrote a paper titled "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Where Indian Pharma Corporates Stand - Study with Reference to Corporate Governance Practices and CSR...
A very enriching session with Dr Aditya where he gave his valuable inputs on a variety of areas related to the field of finance. He spoke about the current scenario of India and the rest of the wo...
Maneesha Vashishtha & Dr. Asha Nagendra wrote a paper "Study of Green Practices and Efforts for Sustainability in IT Industries in India" which has been accepted for presentation and publication at...
Saamarth Bali & Dr Shubhada wrote an article in the Financial Express
Dr. Asha Nagendra along with Prabhu Das, Karthik, Sonu Kumari, Priyadarshini, Revathy wrote a case study on, "THE SUCCESS STORY OF INDIGO AIRLINES" being accepted for publication in the Oct-Dec ...
Dr. Pradnya Chitrao and Dr. Pravin Kumar wrote a case study which has been selected for presentation in ICIER- IIMB International Conference (29-31 Jan 2015).
The 360 Degree Team of SIMS, organized a talk on ‘Building Self Confidence and Integration: The Key to become an Effective Leader’ which was given by Mr. Neville Lobo, VP, Corporate HR and L&T Lea...
Amit Patro secured the runners-up position in the B-Plan competition at NMIMS, Mumbai.
Anurag Raj, Tanmay Joshi and Rohit Gaur and Dr. Asha Nagendra wrote a Research paper titled "Analysis of Recruitment and Retention of C-Level Executives in an Organisation" which has been accepted...
Piyush Kumar and Kamlesh Shah won the Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Co-operative Management (VAMNICOM), Pune's Marketing and B-plan competition; Spardha, 2015
Simrat Ahluwalia, Jahanvi Sarwate, Saumya Tripathi, and Paawan Arora wrote a research paper titled " Human Capital- Making or Breaking an Organization" which has been accepted for publication and...
Piyush Kumar and Kamelsh Shah won Aashayein 2015, the Annual National Level B-Plan Competition based on Social Entrepreneurship organized by Goa Institute of Management, Goa.
Aishani Sharma wrote an article titled "Basel Capital Accords : The Journey And Way Forward" which has been published in Niveshak, the monthly finance magazine of IIM Shillong (February Edition)
Pradyut Hande's article was adjudged the best under the Eye2Eye section of IIM, Shillong's monthly marketing magazine, "Markathon" for their February, 2015 edition
Rohit Soni and L Karthik won the business Quiz organised as part of the Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Management Studies and Research’s annual fest; Manthan, 2015.
Pradyut Hande won Sydenham Institute of Management Studies (SIMSREE), Mumbai's Case Study and Paper Presentation competition; Acumen